119-17 Union Turnpike
Forest Hills, NY 11375
Independent, Co-ed, K-12
Head of School: Carla Jantos MacMullen
Head of Middle/Upper School: Tiffany D. Trotter
Head of Lower School: Karin Bernstein
Admissions Director: Soraya Diaz Tamayo (718) 268-4667, email@example.com
Average Class Size: 8
Top 5 or Most Unique Extracurricular Activities: Model United Nations (UN), Mock Trial, Athletics, Community Service, Student-run Clubs
Unique Academic Programs: Fully in-person for the 2021-22 school year, Project-Based Learning, and advanced coursework through AP classes at the School and One Schoolhouse.
Open House Dates: Virtual on October 7 for Lower School and October 28 for Middle & Upper School. On campus on November 13 for Lower School and December 4 for Middle & Upper School
Notable Alumni and/or Programs: Kew-Forest has a robust Class Ambassador program, in which alumni help to promote the mission of the school by strengthening communication among classmates and bridging the relationship between alumni and the School.
Notable graduates of The Kew-Forest School include:
• David Arabov (‘08), Entrepreneur; Former CEO & Co-Founder, Elite Daily
• Hank Azaria (‘81), Emmy award-winning actor, comedian & producer
• Alessandra Galloni (‘91), Global Managing Editor, Reuters
• James Gray (‘87), Film director & screenwriter
• Bonnie Hammer (‘67), Chairman, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment Group
• Casey Heeg (‘69), Mission Architect, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
• Catherine W. Skinner (‘48), Senior Research Scientist, Yale University
Top 2021 Seniors Attending: MIT, Northeastern University, Williams College
Most 2021 Seniors Attending: Boston University, Johns Hopkins, NYU, Trinity College
College Credit Courses: Yes – Advanced Placement (AP) courses offered in Biology, Calculus BC, English Language and Composition, Modern World History, Physics 2, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Studio Art, US Government and Politics, and US History
Admissions Requirements: Kew-Forest is always looking for students who will contribute to the vibrant and collaborative environment in its classrooms. To assess suitability, they ask applicants to submit their academic records, as well as to present themselves by way of an interview and a student statement.
Scholarships/Financial Aid Availability & Requirements: Kew-Forest offers need-based tuition assistance to qualified families based on a review of the financial aid application submitted through FAST. Tuition assistance decisions are made separately from admissions decisions.
Percentage of Students on Academic Aid: For the 2021-22 school year, over $1 million in need-based tuition assistance was awarded to 50 percent of high school students.
School Motto: Ad Summum (To the Top)
What makes Kew-Forest a Top High School? The Kew-Forest School nurtures lifelong learners from around the world. Its educators inspire young people to think boldly and find their voices. Its students support each other and explore thoughtfully as they shape the future.
What makes your school stand out as a top institution (i.e., % of students going to college, ratio of college advisors, % of students playing sports, faith-based activities, ETC.).
• The strength of its students: Nearly all AP students earned scores of 4 or 5 over the last two school years despite pandemic-related disruptions to their education.
• The strength of its faculty: Faculty eagerly seek professional growth opportunities to further deepen and refine in-person teaching and learning.
• Close faculty-student connections: A low student:teacher ratio allows faculty to get to know students individually.
• Globally minded and culturally competent graduates: Alumni consistently report feeling well prepared for life beyond Kew-Forest.